Most institution’s resources are overwhelmed and stretched so thin that their DBAs are working nights and weekends but still not able to keep up with the many changes required.
Contact us at Tech Proven to help meet this deadline and avoid service interruptions. We will work with you to be a cost effective solution within your contract services budget. Our team has already assisted with these challenges for many other institutions and can get your application servers updated and provide the proper training to manage this new environment in a fraction of the time.
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
This individual is accountable for the following systems: Linux and Windows systems that support GIS infrastructure; Linux, Windows and Application systems that support Asset Management; Responsibilities on these systems include SA engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
SA Engineering and Provisioning
1. Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
2. Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
3. Install and configure systems such as supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications.
4. Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
5. Contribute to and maintain system standards.
6. Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Operations and Support
7. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
8. Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
9. Ensures all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up appropriately.
10. Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
11. Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
12. Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
13. Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
14. Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
15. Upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
16. Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
17. Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
18. Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
19. Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
1. Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
2. Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix and Microsoft desired.
3. Four to six years system administration experience.
4. Minimum of 5 years experience with Banner. Must be able to troubleshoot.
5. Minimum of 5 years experience with Luminis. Must be able to troubleshoot.
6. Minimum of 5 years experience with Linux. Must be able to troubleshoot.
7. Minimum of 5 years experience with Oracle. Must be able to troubleshoot.
1. Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices.
2. Provides technical guidance.
1. Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
2. Must be able to work with minimal supervision from a home environment. Will be paid for results, not delayed projects.
Please visit the Contact us page for more information or to send a resume.